What's in a name? Well, they asked what I wanted to call this thing, so I had to think of something! So, some of my favorite flowers came to mind.
I love flowers. Passionately. Almost all flowers. But especially lavender flowers, like irises, hydrangeas and violets. Most people around here think violets are weeds. But when the violets blanket the ground making a carpet of violets where Janna should have lawn, I love it. And I love that the moles didn't eat my irises. They ate lots of other stuff, but apparently irises are not so tasty. So, I'll grow irises (and now that a few moles have dug new tunnels, they might find a bit of opposition). And hydrangeas, well, they are wonderful. But so far, I haven't had many on my two bushes. Last year I pruned the bushes at the wrong time and innocently cut off the buds. This year I was most careful to leave the buds on the bushes. So instead of two flowers I had eight. Hmmm...maybe next year I'll figure out how to have thirty-two.
Meanwhile, the weeds are thriving...and they don't all have lavender flowers.
I'd like to add a picture to this but I think this is enough of a first attempt at a blog. I'm technologically exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment